I'm preparing to make the switch from android to iOS, but I have important text messages that I need to save. What is the easiest way to transfer my text messages to my computer? It is not a mac. Any help is appreciated.
To keep your iPhone text messages with you, you can back them up via iTunes or iCloud. However, we all know that both iTunes and iCloud lacking the selectively backing up features. Besides, iTunes can be a bit tricky to use if you are not careful. The good thing is you can easily do that without the use of any cloud-based services or iTunes. In this circumstance, why not try iFonebox, and I will show you why.
iFonebox is an powerful software that allows you to selectively transfer text messages from iPhone to computer. With this excellent tool, you can preview, download and SMS from your iPhone easily. You can choose to back up all messages or selected messages. And the texts can be saved as HTML or CSV files on your PC. For all these reasons, it is now become a nice choice among iOS users.
Below are some of its main features:
- Three independent working modes: recover from iOS device, recover from iTunes backup, recover from iCloud backup
- It works well for a large variety of iOS devices running different iOS versions, including iPhone X and iOS 12
- It can be used to handle with 17 file types like contacts, notes, safari history, call logs, photos, voice memos, reminders, calendar events, WeChat data, WhatsApp data, etc.
- It’s very easy to operate and totally safe
- It comes with a preview function that allows you to view all the recoverable data before you purchase
- You are allowed to choose document to back up instead of backing up the entire device
Download the free trial version to have a try. It’s fully compatible with both Windows and Mac systems. Make sure to choose the right version for your computer. Next we will show you the detailed instructions to move texts from iPhone to computer.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Connect your iPhone to the computer, in this interface, you'll see “Next” in blue area, click it to continue. It’s necessary to enable the flight mode and keep the USB cable connected stable during the progress.
Step two: Scan data
It will scan automatically after you click the “Message” to begin the process. The duration depends on the amount of your data so it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Back up data
Once the scan is complete, a list of contents will show up on your program interface. Now you can move them, choose the items you want to back up and click “Recover to pc”.