I have just updated my software on my iPhone and this has resulted in my contacts being lost. I know I have performed an iTunes backup before but I don’t want to operate a full restore. Any ideas how I can get only my phone contacts back? Thank you for your help very much!
Well, it's possible for you to restore your whole data through iTunes even if you don't make a backup when your iPad broke because iTunes can automatically make a backup for your iPhone when you sync with it. As long as you have the backup file, you can get your lost data, and restore them with any other iPad.
How to restore selectively recover data from iPhone backup including text messages, notes, calendar events? But as we all know restoring data through iPhone backup file is not so easy because the backup file is not a common file that you can directly visit or use. For example, if you want to see your contacts, you need to extract them and save to another device. That is to say, you need other software to help you flexible extract data from iPhone backup. iFonebox which is available for Mac and Windows user can help you do that easily.
Below are some key features of the program:
- Three powerful working modes: recover from iOS device, recover from iTunes backup, recover from iCloud backup
- The progress can be done in a very short time
- It’s designed to recover up to 17 file types like contacts, safari history, call logs, reminders, WeChat data, WhatsApp data and many more
- It allows you to see all the recoverable data before the recovery progress
- You can save backup data selectively instead of restoring the whole backup file
- It’s totally safe and never leak your personal information
It is one of the best software available and fully compatible with both Windows and Mac systems. It’s necessary for you to download the suitable version for your computer. Next we will show you the detailed instructions to help you easily choose documents to download from iPhone backup.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Click Recover from iTunes Backup File, you’ll see all backups you have listed in the interface, choose the right backup, then click "Select" button to begin.
Step two: Scan data
It will scan automatically after you click the “Messages” icon, it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Recover data
Now you can recover the data you want from backup. Choose the items you want to restore and click the “Recover to pc”.