Hello, thanks to anyone who can try and help me. I did an update to iOS 12 on my iPhone XS and lost about 100 text messages. I’m just frustrated and want to restore them to my device. Thanks again for anyone who reads this and any help would be appreciated!
Many iPhone or iPad users updated to the newest iOS 12 version. But, some of them found that the update will result in data loss. Actually, data loss is a very common problem and most of the iOS users suffer from this. This doesn't only happen if the user is performing a heavy duty work with the device, but it can happen because of several other reasons. It is very unfortunate and this is why Apple recommends to backup data every week for safety issues. If you want to know more about recover data after iPhone update to iOS 12 without a backup file, here we are going to recommend you with iFonebox, which is a professional and reliable iOS data recovery tool.
Below are some of its main features to help you know more about the program:
- Recover data directly from iOS device, iTunes and iCloud backup
- Get back your deleted/lost data selectively
- Support 17 file types like contacts, notes, texts, photos, videos, voice memos, safari history, call history, reminders, calendar events, WeChat data, WhatsApp data and many more
- Compatible with latest iOS 12 and iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iphone XS Max
- It’s easy to operate and 100% secure
- It can extract specific data from iTunes/iCloud backup without restoring the whole backup file
It has two available versions: Windows version and Mac version, please make sure to download and install the correct version for your computer. Then you can follow the next steps to get iPhone info back after iOS upgrade easily.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Connect your iPhone to the computer, in this interface, you'll see “Next” in blue area, click it to continue. It’s necessary to enable the flight mode and keep the USB cable connected stable during the progress.
Step two: Scan data
Take tests for example, it will scan automatically after you click the “Messages” icon, the duration depends on the amount of your data so it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Get back data
After the scan completes, a list of texts will show up on your program interface. Just choose the items you want and click the “Recover to pc”.