Hi all. All of my messages randomly deleted off of my phone without my permission or warning. I save everything to my iCloud however it claims they were never backed up. Is there a way I can retrieve these messages? Thanks for all your help!
Do your iPhone messages disappear? Some users have complained as much and would love to know how to deal with the issue. First, below are some possible reasons for messages disappearing on iPhone:
- Messages vanished after you restart your phone
- You deleted them accidentally/deliberately
- Messages disappeared after attacks from viruses
- A failed iOS 12 update
- Restoring of iPhone using iTunes
- Syncing iPhone with iTunes
- iPhone lost/stolen/screen damaged/liquid damaged
If your iPhone messages disappeared after restart or for reasons unknown to you, try restarting your iPhone or restart the message app to see if the missing ones will come back. If you synced your device to iTunes or iCloud before, a completely restore should get back the disappeared text messages if they’re contained in that backup file. But here I’m going to recommend iFonebox to you, which is a great tool that can easily retrieve missing texts from iPhone directly even without any backups. Following are some of its main features:
- It’s quite easy to use and 100% safe
- It comes with three independent working modes: recover from iOS device, recover from iTunes backup, recover from iCloud backup
- It can be used to handle with 17 file types of data like contacts, texts, internet history, call records, photos, voice memos, WeChat data, WhatsApp data, etc.
- The preview function allows you to read all the recoverable data before the backup progress
- You can flexible transfer your data instead of backing up the entire device
It has two available versions: Windows version and Mac version, please make sure to download and install the correct version for your computer. That means, you can transfer files from iPad to Mac/PC with this awesome software as well. Then you can follow the next steps to restore lost iPhone text messages.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Connect your iPhone to the computer, in this interface, you'll see “Next” in blue area, click it to continue. It’s necessary to enable the flight mode and keep the USB cable connected stable during the progress.
Step two: Scan data
Take tests for example, it will scan automatically after you click the “Messages” icon, the duration depends on the amount of your data so it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Get back data
After the scan completes, a list of texts will show up on your program interface. Just choose the items you want and click the “Recover to pc”.