I did an iCloud backup now how do I restore my text messages? I can’t restore from iCloud to my iPhone. It’s not a new phone and even after erasing all my content. Can someone help me?
One thing we know: If you had your texts in iCloud feature turned on, then you can restore them from the backup. However, this often takes up a lot of your time and it is an all or nothing restore. Any data created after the backup was made will be lost. What’s the easiest way to extract texts from iCloud backup? In this article, we are going to recommend you a convenient way to view iCloud backup files and download iCloud backup free to PC or Mac.
iFonebox is one of most recommended iCloud backup extractor software. All you need is to sign in your iCloud account and the program automatically detects your iCloud backups. It is not only an iCloud extractor, but also iTunes backup extractor and iPhone data recovery tool. With the help of the program, you can restore specific content like contacts, notes, messages, iMessages, call logs, safari bookmarks, reminders, calendar events, pictures, videos, voice memos, WeChat data, WhatsApp data, etc.
Let’s take a look at some of its other features:
- Very easy to use: it saves you from a lot of unnecessary hassle
- Flexible recovery: it provides you with three independent working modes like recover from iOS device, recover from iTunes backup, recover from iCloud backup
- Well compatibility: it compatible with almost a large arrange of iOS devices, including iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max
- The preview function: it allows you to see all the recoverable data as long as they are not wiped out
- Selectively recovery: you are allowed to choose data to recover without restoring the whole backup file
You can download and use the trial version of the software totally for free. It has two available versions: Windows version and Mac version. Please make sure to install the right version for your computer. The following are the steps to export text messages from iCloud backup.
Step one: Run iFonebox and enter your Apple ID
Run the program, then just click the “Recover from iCloud Backup” at the top right of the software. You’ll be asked to sign in with your Apple ID account and password correctly. Step two: Download data from iCloud backup
After you have selected an iCloud backup to download, it will start the downloading process. You can select all to download.
Step three: Scan data
Click on “Texts” icon to start scanning automatically. It will take some time, you should wait patiently.
Step four: Preview and download data
Now you can select the texts you want and click “Recover to pc”, then the instruction is accomplished.