Several month ago, I sent a text messages to my friend using my wife’s iPhone 6. However, we’re separated now and the phone is no longer with me, so retrieving it from that phone is not an option. Luckily, it was backed up and I can access her iCloud account, is there a better way to get back only messages as the data I want is very important. Thanks!!!
For many reasons, we’re not allowed to access our iOS device due to all kinds of scenarios, like iPhone disabled, water damaged, or even worse, get stolen. Even if you’ve synced or stored your data in iCloud or iTunes before, Apple doesn't provide any service for backup downloading, except for restoring the whole backup to your iOS device. So, it seems virtually impossible to retrieve only missing messages from an iCloud backup.
Things would be much easier if you turn to iFonebox for help, as a splendid and recommendable iPhone data recovery software, iFonebox is absolutely a great helper to recover only missing messages from an iCloud backup for you. Compared to Apple official recovery, you don’t have to restore the device to one backup which could lead to loss of new data on your device. With iFonebox, it can’t be a challenge to restore lost data from a backup selectively.
There’re three outstanding recovery modes for your selection, in addition to undelete only lost messages from an iCloud backup, you’re also entitled to regain disappeared data from iPhone or iPad directly , even you have never backed up before.
More about iFonebox
- A professional iOS data recovery software for sixteen kinds of data in variety of scenarios.
- One splendid application that support preview iTunes and iCloud backup data.
- An outstanding program which is excellent in Backing up data from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- An extraordinary transferring tool which is able to download data from device to computer for you.
Next, install the right version of iFonebox to your computer, let’s get started!
Step 1: Run iFonebox and Sign in with your Apple ID
Turn on the iFonebox after completing the download, then just click the Recover from iCloud Backup at the upper-right corner of the interface. You’ll be asked to sign in with your Apple ID account and password correctly.
There’re some points you need notice
- Please ensure to disconnect your device with your computer under this mode, in case the iCloud file be updated or modified.
- Please make sure that your Apple ID is in a normal state, and if you turn on the Apple ID two steps authentication, turn it off and try again.
Go to Two-step verification for Apple ID.
Step 2: Scan the data that you want to recover
Click on Messages item to start scanning automatically. You’ll be required to wait patiently while the circle is rotating continually and quickly.
Step 3: Check and recover your missing data
It’s time to get your missing messages on iPhone back, all you need is select the information you want and click the Recover to PC, then the task is accomplished.