I recently deleted an album off of my phone and am hoping to recover some or all of the pictures. I would restore from an iCloud backup to get my photos back but I don't want to lose all the new data since my last backup was a month ago. Can someone help me? Thanks!
If you backed your device up to iCloud, the backup may contain your camera roll photos. Restoring a new iOS device to this backup should recover these photos. At the same time, all data and settings from that point in time will be copied back to your phone again. To extract only photos from iCloud backup without changing anything, you can use 3rd party software such as iFonebox to extract your photos from the backup. If you ever backed your device up to computer using iTunes, it also goes for the iTunes backup as well.
The following are some of its key features:
- It provides you with three independent ways to recover data
- It’s quite easy to use and 100% safe
- It can be used to handle with 17 file types like contacts, notes, texts, safari bookmarks, call logs, reminders, calendar events, voice memos, photos, WeChat data, WhatsApp data and many more
- It comes with a preview function which allows you to view all the recoverable data before the recovery progress
- It’s compatible with almost all kinds of iOS versions, including the latest iOS 12
- It enables you to choose data to retrieve instead of restoring the whole backup file
Except for downloading only pictures from iCloud backup, iFonebox is also capable of detecting your iPhone/iPad/iPod directly and extracting all the invisible data as long as they’re not wiped out by new data. Please keep in mind that the lost data can be easily overwritten, so once you find your data is missing, it’s necessary to stop using the device and enable flight mode immediately.
It’s fully compatible with both Windows and Mac systems. It’s necessary for you to download the suitable version for your computer. Next we will show you the detailed instructions to help you easily save just images from iCloud backup.
Step one: Run iFonebox and enter your Apple ID
Run the program, then just click the “Recover from iCloud Backup” at the top right of the software. You’ll be asked to sign in with your Apple ID account and password correctly.
Step two: Download data from iCloud backup
After you have selected an iCloud backup to download, it will start the downloading process. You can select all to download.
Step three: Scan data
Click on “Photos” icon to start scanning automatically. It will take some time, you should wait patiently.
Step four: Preview and download data
Now you can select the images you want and click “Recover to pc”, then the instruction is accomplished.