There are lots of good reasons for you to upgrade your iPhone to iOS 12.1.4. Admittedly, it comes with many existing new features that boost your iPhone performance. However, data loss could also happen after iOS 12.1.4 update. You may lose some significant photos, contacts, text messages, notes and more meanwhile. It’s rather a difficult question to retrieve lost data from iPhone especially when you don’t have any backup file.
Actually, whether you lost iPhone data due to an update/downgrade or other reasons, iFonebox can help you get back as many as 17 missing files back from iPhone/ iPad/ iPod touch, including notes, phone numbers, call history, safari bookmarks, calendar events, photos, videos, voice memos, WeChat messages, WhatsApp messages, etc.
Here we list some of its highly useful features:
- 3 independent recovery modes: recover from iOS device, recover from iTuens backup, recover from iCloud backup
- Supported files: notes, contacts, texts, photos, videos, voice memos, safari history, call logs, reminders, calendar events, WeChat data, WhatsApp data and so forth
- It’s quite easy to operate and 100% safe
- It works well with a large variety of iOS devices, including iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max
- The trial version allows you to view data for free
- You can choose specific data to retrieve without changing anything
Before we start the instructions, you need to download the program to your computer. iFonebox has two available versions: Windows version and Mac version. Please make sure to install the right version for your computer. Once you have installed the program, next I will show you how to restore disappeared content after you upgrade your iPhone to iOS 12.1.4.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Connect your iPhone to the computer, in this interface, you'll see “Next” in blue area, click it to continue. It’s necessary to enable the flight mode and keep the USB cable connected stable during the progress.
Step two: Scan data
Take WeChat messages for instance, it will scan automatically after you click the “WeChat Messages” icon, the duration depends on the amount of your data so it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Get back data
After the scan completes, a list of messages will show up on your program interface. Now you can recover them, choose the items you want to back up and click the “Recover to pc”.