I have an iPhone X and I want to copy and backup my text messages from my cell phone to my windows computer, and print them out so that I can make use of some very interesting information I kept in my phone in the upcoming Christmas, does anyone here know how to copy iPhone texts to computer?
Looking to export text messages from iPhone for saving them? Want to transfer SMS to your computer in a viewable format? Get some crucial text messages for legal purpose and want to export them?
So, how to export iPhone text messages to computer? When you back up your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud, a copy of all of your text messages is automatically included in the backup file. The problem is, you cannot directly access that file or read it since iTunes and iCloud do not provide that access.
Thankfully, there’s a workaround for that, and here, we'll guide you to export iPhone text messages with iFonebox. Actually, iFonebox can export all your text messages, including SMS, MMS, iMessages and their attachments on iPhone. The software is able to convert the SMS database in CSV and HTML formats, thus giving the possibility to browse them easily from your computer.
Here’re some of its main features:
- High recovery rate
- Three excellent working modes: recover from iOS device, recover from iTunes backup, recover from iCloud backup
- It’s quite easy to use and 100% safe
- It has a preview function which allows you to view all the recoverable info before you purchase
- It can be used to deal with 17 file types like contacts, notes, photos, videos, voice memos, reminders, calendar events, call logs, WeChat data, WhatsApp data, etc.
- You can choose specific data to transfer instead of backing the entire device up
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Connect your iPhone to the computer, in this interface, you'll see “Next” in blue area, click it to continue. It’s necessary to enable the flight mode and keep the USB cable connected stable during the progress.
Step two: Scan data
Take tests for example, it will scan automatically after you click the “Messages” icon, the duration depends on the amount of your data so it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Back up data
After the scan completes, a list of texts will show up on your program interface. Just choose the items you want and click the “Recover to pc”.